- Brian D. Steffes
- (612) 332-0100 main
- (612) 902-2750 direct dial
- (612) 332-9951 facsimile
- Download vCard
- Legal Administrative Assistant:
- Tricia Kreie
Brian practices civil litigation with a focus on defending high exposure claims and complex cases in a broad range of areas, including: personal injury, construction defect, trucking liability, product liability and commercial litigation. He is a successful trial attorney, who has obtained favorable jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of national corporations and insurers. He has litigated matters throughout the country and is licensed in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. He is also a member of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Transportation Lawyers Association and Twin Cities Claims Association.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 2004
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Cum Laude 2001
- Catastrophic Loss (Fires & Explosions)
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- General Liability and Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability (Architects & Engineers)
- Toxic Torts
- Transportation Law
Awards and Honors:
- Named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2014, 2015 & 2016
Publications and Presentations:
- Co-Author of Minnesota section in DRI’s Construction Litigation Desk Reference: A Fifty State Guide to Construction Litigation
- “Mediations: A Practical Guide to Balancing Clients’ Goals and the Process”
- Volunteer with Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid and Volunteer Lawyer’s Network
- Defended general contractors and developers on numerous construction defect cases involving large-scale multi-family residences, apartments, mixed-use developments, contractual indemnity and defense issues.
- Represented national construction company in complex construction defect defense involving multi-state litigation. Successfully attained very favorable settlement immediately prior to arbitration.
- Represented national trucking company in personal injury accident wherein plaintiff claimed a traumatic brain injury. Successfully obtained jury verdict at less than 10% of Plaintiff’s demand.
- Successfully defended Illinois trucking company to a favorable mediation resolution in personal injury accident wherein plaintiff claimed a traumatic brain injury and extensive future damages.
- Represented global corporation to advantageous settlement in relation to significant product defect claims.
- Represented youth football league against an action by a minor for an alleged traumatic brain injury.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in defense of a charitable foundation involving a high exposure personal injury action.
- Represented school bus company to a successful mediation resolution against elderly plaintiff alleging debilitating personal injury from an auto accident.