- Daniel S. Allen
- (612) 332-0100 main
- (612) 902-2752 direct dial
- (612) 332-9951 facsimile
- Download vCard
Dan focuses his practice in the areas of construction law, insurance coverage, data privacy and security, business litigation, and general civil litigation. He has experience working with a variety of clients including large national companies, insurers, small local businesses, and individual. He has successfully represented clients in a variety of litigation venues, including arbitration, state and federal courts.
Dan has also earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential. This certification is earned through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), an internationally recognized organization in the area of privacy and data protection.
While attending the University of Wisconsin Law School, Dan participated in the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition. He also served as an extern in the Wisconsin Supreme Court, working under Justice Annette Ziegler. He earned his B.A. in both Political Science and Asian Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Obtained summary judgment for contractor in multi-million dollar construction defect claim.
- Obtained defense verdict in arbitration involving claims that a home seller made misrepresentations.
- Successfully represented franchisor in franchisor/franchisee dispute.
- Obtained dismissal of claims brought by consumer against national company.
- Successfully represented national organization in misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment for property owner in a personal injury lawsuit.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 2010
- University of Michigan, B.A., Honors, 2007
- Construction Law
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Data Privacy & Security
- Business Litigation
- Franchise Law
- General Liability and Civil Litigation
- Premises Liability