- Gerald H. Bren
- (612) 332-0100 main
- (612) 902-2747 direct dial
- (612) 332-9951 facsimile
- Download vCard
- Legal Administrative Assistant:
- Tricia Kreie
Jerry has a broad range of litigation experience in the areas of personal injury/wrongful death, occupational safety and health, construction, product liability, environmental, intellectual property and commercial disputes. He has nationwide experience litigating high exposure and complex cases on behalf of individuals, business entities and insurers.
Prior to founding Fisher Bren & Sheridan, LLP, Jerry began his legal career with Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. and practiced in the firm’s California and Minnesota offices. He later became the managing attorney for Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company’s midwest litigation offices located in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Missouri. Given Jerry’s significant experience as a civil trial lawyer who has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, he is currently expanding his practice by serving as a mediator in both pre-suit and litigated matters.
He is a member of the State Bars of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and California. He is also a member of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute. Jerry has achieved the highest possible Martindale Hubbell rating for legal ability and adherence to ethic standards.
- Represented contractor in multi-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit arising out of the deaths of two workers killed in construction site accident.
- Represented property owner in multi-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit arising out of an elevator accident.
- Obtained defense verdict for contractor in condominium construction defect lawsuit.
- Represented multiple subrogated insurers and food companies in a fire-related litigation involving Americold’s food storage warehouse in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Represented multiple subrogated insurers in litigation arising from the Olympic Pipeline rupture and explosion in Bellingham, Washington.
- Represented insurer in multi-million dollar business interruption claim arising out of the collapse of a major airline maintenance hangar.
- Obtained defense verdict for hotel and manager in sexual assault lawsuit.
- Represented intellectual property owner in copyright infringement case against large retailer.
- Represented national health club in wrongful death drowning lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment in wrongful death benzene exposure lawsuit.
- Obtained multi-million dollar recovery for major university in breach of contract case.
- University of Minnesota, J.D., 1986
- Gustavus Adolphus College, magna cum laude, 1983
- California (inactive)
- North Dakota
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Catastrophic Loss (Fires & Explosions)
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental and Pollution Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Sexual Abuse
- Professional Liability (Architects & Engineers)
- Real Estate
- Toxic Tort (Asbestos & Benzene)
Awards and Activities:
- AV peer rated by Martindale Hubbell® (the highest rating available)
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114
- Board Member of Normandale Lutheran Church Foundation
- Past Member, Alumni Board, The Blake Schools
- Past Youth Hockey Coach, Eden Prairie Hockey Association
* Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review process that rates lawyers. Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.